SCHC (Society For Chemical Hazard Communication)
CHCS is delighted to have a relationship with US-based SCHC - a relationship that offers benefits to members of both organisations.
SCHC is a professional society with a mission to:
- Promote the improvement of hazard communication for chemicals;
- Educate SCHC members on hazard communication issues;
- Provide a forum for exchange of ideas and experiences;
- Enhance the awareness of members and the general public of new developments in hazard communication; and
- Provide guidance or technical expertise to a private group, legislative body, or governmental entity.
You can find out more by visiting the SCHC website: www.schc.org.
In September 2019, SCHC President, Jennifer Mahoney (left in photo, below) and CHCS Chair, Gill Pagliuca (right) signed a new Memorandum of Understandng during Gill's visit to the SCHC Fall Meeting.
Benefits To Our Members
Our relationship is governed by a Memorandum of Understanding with 3 main aims:
to engage in mutual advertising for organisation-sponsored events such as webinars, conferences, and training
to offer reciprocal member discount pricing for these events
to maintain a link to each other's websites
Forthcoming SCHC Events
- CHCS members can read about Forthcoming SCHC events on the Upcoming Events page. The Monthly Forum sessions are free for CHCS members to attend. Please do note the timings of the sessions as they are ran in America.
- Monthly Forum Sessions - EU/UK Update
27 March 2024, 1:00pm - 2:00pm EST
Join return guest Gill Pagliuca for updates on recent and upcoming regulatory changes in the EU and UK. As the EU implements some major changes to environmental classification, the differences with the UK are widening. We’ll discuss where they match, where they differ, and what new changes might be coming down the pipeline.
- Monthly Forum Sessions - GHS Subcommittee Update: What the group is working on, what has been approved, and what is in the future
24 April 2024, 1:00pm - 2:00pm EST
Paul Brigandi, a delegate to the UN GHS Subcommittee on behalf of the US, as we discuss the current activities of the subcommittee, what has been approved for the upcoming revision, how the GHS is updated, and what we may see on the horizon.
**New Training Course**
- Multi-Modal Dangerous Goods Classification Refresher Training
This is a new course for Hazard communication professionals who have completed initial training in the past and need refresher training to demonstrate their skills in completing Section 14 of the SDS and/or developing compliant shipping descriptions for their products.27th February, 1:00pm - 5:00pm EST
29th February, 1:00pm - 5:00pm EST
SCHC are able to offer a discount registration fee of $450 for CHCS members. If you wish to register for this course, please contact the CHCS office to obtain the discount registration code.
For more information please view the brochure.
Registering For Events
CHCS members can book onto SCHC events at SCHC member rates and vice-versa. If a CHCS member wishes to book onto an SCHC event, please download your CHCS Membership Card
and email it to email@example.com
. SCHC will verify your membership status and email you back with instructions on how to register for the event.
SCHC members can book onto CHCS events, at CHCS member rates. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
. SCHC will provide you with details on how to register.
SCHC Consultants Listing
SCHC provide a list of their members who offer consultancy services. To view the list, please visit the "Hazcom Consultants" page of the SCHC website.
The latest SCHC Newsletter is now available, as a PDF download, from this link: SCHC November 2023 Newsletter.
CHCS members can also access previous issues of the newsletter from this link: SCHC Past Newsletters.
SCHC Contact Details